1 ¾ cups water
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
½ cuptomato, coarsely chopped, seeded
½ cup fresh mint or parsley, chopped
¼ cupraisins (optional)
¼ cup chopped cucumber
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp green onions, chopped
1 tbspextra-virgin olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper, freshly grounded
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly before cooking to avoid the bitter taste.
- Add water and quinoa to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Serve at room temperature and enjoy!