Asparagus with Coconut Flakes and Yellow Mung Daal
Asparagus is a popular vegetable for cleansing.
This is a recipe that you can add to your program.
- 1/2 bunch of asparagus – chopped to the desired length
- 1/2 C yellow mung daal – soaked for half hour in one cup water
- 1/4 C dry coconut flakes or fresh grated coconut if available
- 1 T whole cumin seeds
- 1 T organic coconut oil or Ghee
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 t lemon juice or 1/2 fresh lemon for squeezing.
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro – chopped for garnishing
- Heat a medium sized wok, add ghee or oil.
- Add cumin seeds.
- When slightly toasted or popping, add curry powder, coconut, mung daal with water. ( Add 1/2 C water if getting too dry.)
- Cover for five minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When the daal is slightly tender, add asparagus.
- Cook uncovered for five more minutes.
- Add salt and lemon juice. Stir and quickly remove from heat.
- Garnish with fresh coriander/ cilantro leaves.
Serve over brown rice or make a wrap with your favorite tortilla or wheat wrap.
Note: Try not to make it too mushy. Adjust the water and heat, accordingly.